My daughter recently celebrated her fourth birthday. As a part of her birthday, she asked if she could bring cupcakes for her classmates. I don’t mind bringing goodies for the kids to celebrate a birthday. I actually think it’s quite nice and fun for the kids to be able to celebrate something in school and I know that my daughter was so excited to turn four like all of her friends.
I wanted to make something special for her so I looked at my trusty pinterest and found the cutest pin of a panda cupcake. The link didn’t work but the images were enough for me to be able to figure it out for the most part. I didn’t have a lot of time so I decided to use a cake box mix and dress up the cupcakes really cute. When my daughter saw the panda cupcakes I had started before she went to bed, she was very excited, exclaiming how cute they were. When she woke up in the morning, she saw all of the panda cupcakes and excitedly said “Mommy, there are so many more cute pandas!” She couldn’t wait to share them with her friends at school. I hope it was a memorable celebration!
1 C butter, softened
4 C confectioner’s sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 T milk
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and beat until well incorporated. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk.
Icing piping bag with a wide circular tip
small bowl of granulated sugar
semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Bake chocolate cake batter in mini cupcake tins, as directed.
2. Using your icing piping bag, pipe the frosting onto a cupcake, as smooth as possible. I piped from the edges and moved into the center and then piped extra icing in the center to really give the cupcake a rounder shape.
3. Taking the iced cupcake, roll the icing in the granulated sugar until completely covered.
4. Starting with the nose, place a chocolate chip sideways a little lower than the center of the cupcake. Follow with two chips with points down as eyes and then two chips with flat side facing up as ears.
5. Using tweezers, place the chocolate sprinkles to form the mouth.
6. Using a very thin piping tip, squeeze small dots onto the eyes.
Voila! You have cute little panda cupcakes that are fun to look at and yummy to eat!