I know that I’ve been a bit remiss in posting lately and I apologize. I’ll try and do better in the future! Anyways, Happy Monday! If you recall from one of my previous posts, I had taken a trip to Boston for a good friend’s wedding. I was very excited because there was the possibility that I would be seeing another friend of mine and get a chance to meet her daughter! Now it just so happens that my friend’s daughter and my daughter share names. This was such a pleasant surprise to my husband and I when we learned it and we thought it was so cute that we instantly started referring to them as “name-twins”.
I hadn’t met my daughter’s name-twin before, but I’ve seen many pictures of her. She is really adorable with a round little face and these large, round eyes. When I tasked myself with making something for her, I immediately thought of a ladybug! Now, the real challenge here for me was that I wanted to see if I could incorporate the ladybug spots into the pattern without having to attach additional pieces. I tried a couple of different ways, but in the end, I did end up making separate pieces for each of the spots and attaching them afterwards. I found that it just looked a lot cleaner this way. Maybe if the hat were made of smaller stitches, it may work and still look okay, but with the chunkier gauge of the yarn and hook I was using, it didn’t quite work out.
While we weren’t fortunate enough to cross paths during our short stay in Boston, I was able to transmit her gift via her aunt, who we were lucky enough to be able to catch up with. I am very pleased with the end result and was rewarded by seeing a picture of the new owner in her hat! I love seeing a happy new owner!